Spicy Chicken Stew with Dumplings
Dumplings are always a family favourite. The delicious dumplings combined with the delectable flavour of Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube, will leave everyone with a happy tummy!
- 1 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 chicken pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Rajah mild and spicy curry powder
- 3 carrot peeled & sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 Knorrox chicken stock cube
- 2 handful green beans cut in half
- 2 tablespoons Knorr minestrone soup
- 165 ml or 2/3 cup flour
- 85 ml or 1/3 cup maize meal
- 5 ml or 1 tsp baking powder
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Knorrox spicy chicken soup powder
- 65 ml or 1/4 cup margarine
- 65 ml or 1/4 cup cold water
- Heat oil in a medium size pot and fry the chicken pieces until well browned on all sides then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion and green pepper and fry until soft.
- Add the Curry Powder and fry for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add the carrots, water, stock cube and chicken to the pot, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer covered for 25 minutes.
- Add the green beans and simmer for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the beans are cooked.
- Mix the soup powder with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew then allow to simmer until thickened.
- For the dumplings: Sift the flour, maize meal, baking powder and soup powder together. Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Add the cold water to form a soft dough.
- Add spoonful’s of the dough to the top of the stew. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.