Butternut, Spinach and Lentil Curry
Make vegetables more exciting with the deliciousness of Knorrox Stock Cubes. This dish is a scrumptious combination of soft vegetables that will melt in your mouth.
- 2 big butternut squashes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil for baking
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil for frying
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Robertsons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Robertsons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Robertsons chilli flakes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garam masala
- 250 ml (1 cup) red lentils
- 1 x 410 gram can chopped tomatoes
- 1 ml salt
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper
- 1 Knorrox stock cube Vegetable Curry Flavour
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 500 ml (2 cups) baby spinach
- 1 dollop of plain yoghurt
- 1 sprig fresh coriander
- 250 ml (1 cup of) cooked white rice
- To make the butternut bowls, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the top off each butternut, reserve the top and deseed the bulb part that will become your bowl.
- Scoop out the seeds and place on a baking sheet so the inside of the butternut is facing up. Brush a little oil inside each butternut. Sprinkle each butternut with a pinch of salt and roast in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until very soft when pierced with a fork.
- Heat the oil over a low heat in a pan and add the onion & fry gently for 5 minutes. Add the garlic & cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the paprika, cinnamon, chilli flakes & Garam masala, fry until fragrant, about a minute.
- Peel and cube the butternut tops.
- Add the butternut cubes, lentils & tinned tomatoes to the pan, stir through.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add 1 stock cube to the pan with 1 cup of water, simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Add the spinach & cook for a further 5 minutes or until nicely wilted.
- Spoon the curry into the butternut bowls,
- Garnish with a spoonful of yogurt and sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with fluffy white rice. ENJOY!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.