Curried Mince Sandwich with Cheese
A twist on a classic toasted sandwich recipe using fragrant curried mince and cheese. It’s deliciously packed with heat from our Rajah Hot curry powder and paprika.
- 125 g beef mince
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Robertsons barbecue spice
- 1 tbsp Robertsons paprika
- 1 tbsp Rajah hot curry powder
- 150 g tomatoes puree
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 ml Robertsons Atlantic sea salt to season
- 1 ml Robertsons ground black peppercorns to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices Gouda cheese
- 1 tsp butter
- In a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil before adding the onion and green pepper and fry until golden, then add the mince and fry until it browns.
- Add the Robertsons Barbeque Spice, Rajah Hot Curry Powder and Robertsons Paprika and mix well, cook for 3 min then add tomato puree, hen add tomato puree and allow to simmer until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Generously butter one side of a slice of bread and place a slice of cheese on two slices of bread. Top the bread spoonful with cooked mince, top with the remaining two slices of cheese and place the remaining two slices of bread.
- Set a non-stick pan on medium heat. Place bread butter-side-down onto the non-stick pan and grill 4-8 minutes on each side or until the outside is golden brown and the cheese inside is melted.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.