Roast Lamb Tacos
Transform your leftover roast lamb into an entirely new taste experience with this zesty and zingin’ roast lamb taco recipe. With a magic combination of flavourful lamb, Knorr Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce and crunchy taco shells – this meal will have you fired up for more. - Claire Winstanley
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 48 g Knorr Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 250 ml water
- 180 ml orange juice
- 2 cups shredded leftover roast lamb
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tomato
- 1 quarter of a cucumber
- 2 jalapeño chilllies
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas, toasted
- 2 avocados
- a small handful of fresh coriander
- 4 limes, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the onion until soft and golden browned.
- Add the contents of the sachet of KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce, the water and the orange juice, and stir well.
- Add the shredded lamb to the pan and simmer for 5 - 10 minutes, until reduced and thickened. Add the juice of 1 lime and remove from the heat.
- To make the salsa, finely chop the tomato, cucumber and chillies and mix well. Add a squeeze of lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in toasted tortillas with the salsa plus mashed avocado, coriander, fresh limes and extra chillies.
- Chef’s tip: you can use flour wraps instead of tortillas.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.