Chicken Chow Mein
You won’t need to go out and buy take-away when you have this simple Chicken Chow Mein recipe in your culinary arsenal.
- 250 g egg noodles
- 500 g chicken fillet, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 125 ml water
- 125 ml beansprouts
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 15 ml sesame oil
- 100 g mangetout, trimmed
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 ml ginger, crushed
- 2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 45 ml soy sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and boil egg noodles for about 5 minutes or until tender then drain and set aside.
- Place chicken in a bowl with the soy sauce and sesame oil and toss well.
- Heat sunflower oil in a pan or wok and fry chicken until just done then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add some extra oil to the pan if needed then add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add the red and yellow pepper, mange-tout and broccoli and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and water and allow to steam for a few minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan together with the noodles and fry to warm through.
- Add the bean sprout and spring onion and toss well to combine.
- Without milk
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.