Chicken and Rice
Not to be mistaken for the typical Paella Española, this easy recipe is in a league of its own. Don’t forget your Knorr Chicken Stock pot!
- 1 l water
- 2 Knorr chicken stock pots
- 300 g long grained rice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 1 small green pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli pepper, finely sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Robertsons paprika
- 150 ml extra water
- 225 g frozen peas and carrots
- 400 g fresh roast chicken, shredded
- 60 g pimento stuffed olives, roughly chopped (optional)
- Place the water and 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the rice, stir once, and return to the boil, then turn the heat down and follow cooking times on packaging.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the red pepper, green pepper, chilli pepper and crushed garlic for 2-3 minutes. Now add the Robertsons Paprika and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, frozen peas and carrots plus olives (if using) and stir in gently. Add 150 ml water and 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and bring the heat up until water is hot.
- Add the shredded chicken and stir the chicken in with the rice. Reduce heat and simmer for until extra water is absorbed by rice. It’s ok for the rice to get quite soft in this dish.
- Serve once the extra water is absorbed and the chicken and vegetable are hot.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.