Creamy Chicken Cacciatore
This delicious chicken recipe is ideal for a weeknight dinner. For taste-bud tantalising results, serve with rice or roast vegetables.
- 900 g chicken pieces
- 30 ml flour
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 sachet Knorr Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 350 ml water
- 125 ml white wine
- 45 ml Robertsons Sweet Basil
- 30 ml Robertsons Parsley
- 100 ml black olives, pitted and chopped
- 100 ml cream
- Dust the chicken pieces with flour and fry in batches in oil over medium heat.
- Fry the red onion and garlic for 5 min and add the Knorr Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce sachet contents, water and wine
- Bring to the boil while stirring and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, add the chicken pieces and cook for 20 min.
- Add basil, parsley and olives to the pot and simmer for a further 10 min.
- Add cream and season (to taste), heat through before serving with rice or roasted vegetables.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.