Creamy Chicken, Leek and Bacon Pie
Planning your evening meal is made easier when you have tasty dinner ideas. This leek, bacon and chicken pie is ideal for quiet evenings.
- 1 kg chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 sachet Knorr Bacon Carbonara Pasta Sauce
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons freshly ground Black Pepper
- 120 g Stork margarine
- 2 large leeks, washed and sliced
- 6 rashers bacon, chopped
- 125 ml fresh parsley
- 160 ml milk
- 250 ml cream
- 1 roll puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Toss chicken in Knorr Bacon Carbonara Pasta Sauce
- Sauce contents and season with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan melt 40 g margarine, sautè leeks and bacon for 10 minutes until well softened.
- Remove from pan.
- Melt remaining margarine and fry chicken pieces until golden brown.
- Add leek mixture to pan, add parsley.
- Pour in the milk and cream.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place the mixture into an ovenproof dish and cover with pastry.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake at 200°C for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.