Lamb Chops with Hasselback Potatoes and a Tomato Parmesan Sauce
A meal guaranteed to impress: juicy lamb chops with crisp roast potatoes and a delicious tomato sauce enriched with Parmesan cheese. Add chargrilled corn cobs plus a leafy green salad, and dinner’s on the table!
- 6 medium potatoes, skin on
- 50 g butter, melted
- salt and milled black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 Knorr tomato Base Dry Cook-In-Sauce
- 400 ml water
- 15 ml red wine vinegar
- 5 ml sugar
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 corn cobs, cut in half crossway
- 12 lamb chops
- 50 ml extra oil, for frying the chops
- half a bunch chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the potatoes crossways, without going all the way through to the bottom. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and brush them all over with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper, then bake at 180 °C for 30-40 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and the potatoes are soft. Brush again with melted butter and place in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Now make the tomato sauce. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the onions over a medium heat until soft. In a separate bowl, place most of the contents of the sachet of Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-in-Sauce (reserve about 10ml of the powder for sprinkling on the corn later). Whisk in 400ml water and add the red wine vinegar, sugar and chopped chilli. Pour this mixture into the pan containing the onions and cook, stirring, over a medium heat, until the sauce has thickened. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese has melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan until it is very hot, add the corn cobs and cook them on all sides, until soft and slightly charred.
- Season the lamb chops to taste. Heat a little oil in a separate pan and fry the chops over a high heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking.
- Place the crispy potatoes into the pan with the tomato sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Arrange the lamb chops and charred corn on a separate platter. Sprinkle each corn cob with the reserved of Knorr Tomato Base dry powder. Serve immediately, with a crisp green salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.