Pork Chops in Creamy Black Pepper and Mushroom Sauce
For a lighter option replace the sour cream with plain yoghurt.
Lean pork chops make a great, tasty mid-week meal and pair perfectly with a creamy black pepper sauce!
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 4 pork loin chops, fat removed
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely diced
- 100 ml sour cream
- 100 ml water
- 38 g (1 sachet) Knorr creamy mushroom sauce
- 1 ml Robertsons fine black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat half the oil over a medium heat.
- Season the pork chops with Robertsons Black Pepper and brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and place into an oven tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and fry the onions until soft.
- Add the sour cream and water to the pan and stir in the contents of the sachet of Knorr Mushroom Sauce.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes stirring continuously to thicken then set aside.
- Remove pork chops from the oven when done, serve with creamy mashed potato and spoon the sauce over the chops.
- Season liberally with Robertsons Black Pepper.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.