Mince and Beans with Vetkoek
These tasty vetkoek are a quick and easy way to put dinner on the table!
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 1 sachet instant yeast (10ml)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 5 cups cake flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp cooking oil, (and additional oil for deep frying the vetkoek)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 400 g beef mince
- 1 tin baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 Knorr beef stock pot
- 2 tbsp Knorr Rich beef & Tomato Soup
- To make the vetkoek: Stir the sugar into the water and add the yeast.
- Sieve the cake flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add the oil to the yeast mixture.
- Mix the yeast mixture into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Work into a soft dough adding more flour if needed.
- Turn the dough onto a surface and knead for 10 minutes until elastic and not sticky.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover and leave to rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Turn dough onto a surface, knock back, flatten and cut into 6cm square pieces.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- To make the mince: In a pan, fry the onion and green pepper in oil until soft.
- Add the mince and fry until it is well browned.
- Add baked beans, water and KNORR Beef Stock Pot, stir well, bring to the boil and then allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Just before done mix the Knorr Rich Beef & Tomato Soup with 4 tablespoons of water to make a smooth paste, then add it to the pot and allow to simmer for 2 minutes stirring continuously until thickened.
- Serve hot, with a side salad or vegetable of choice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.