Fragrant Chicken, Pumpkin And Apricot Couscous
Pumpkin and dried apricots give a little sweetness to this vibrant dish, contrasting beautifully with aromatic North African spicing. The chicken and veggies are roasted in the oven together with lemon zest, garlic, spices and Knorr Onion & Beef Soup, then served alongside fluffy couscous coloured with a touch of turmeric.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 30 ml lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 10 g coriander, finely chopped
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- 10 ml Robertsons ground cumin
- 15 ml Robertsons paprika
- 2.5 Robertsons ground cinnamon
- 1.5 Robertsons black pepper
- 8 pieces of chicken, with bones, skinless optional
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 500 g pumpkin, cubed
- 1 packet Knorr onion & Beef Soup
- 300 ml water
- 10 dried apricot, halved
- 250 ml, couscous
- 1.5 ml Robertsons ground turmeric
- 1.5 ml Robertsons black pepper
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot (dissolved in 400ml hot water)
- TO SERVE:
- 10 g coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make a paste by mixing the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, coriander, a pinch of Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt, Robertson’s Ground Cumin, Robertson’s Paprika, Robertson’s Ground Cinnamon and Robertson’s Black Pepper.
- Put the chicken, onion, garlic and pumpkin together in a bowl, then add the paste. Make sure the paste is rubbing evenly all over the chicken and vegetables.
- Lay the chicken pieces, skin side up, with the vegetables in a deep baking tray or large casserole dish. Mix the Knorr Onion & Beef Soup powder and the water together, and pour it into the dish with the chicken. Add the dried apricot pieces.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through. Baste the chicken with the liquid in the tray every 15 minutes.
- Mix the couscous, Robertson’s Ground Turmeric and Robertson’s Black Pepper together in a large bowl. Add enough of the hot Knorr chicken stock according to couscous packet instructions.
- If the couscous is still a bit crunchy, allow it to sit covered for longer.
- Once cooked, use a fork to fluff it.
- To Serve
- Serve the chicken in the cooking dish or transfer to a platter. Serve the couscous on the side. Sprinkle the coriander over both.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.