Crunchy Crumbed Fish with Tartare Sauce
Why eat out when you can enjoy your very own fried fish with homemade tartare sauce? You can even get your children to help with coating the fish fillets!
- 10 ml baby gherkins, finely chopped
- 10 ml capers (if using capers in vinegar, rinse them well and pat dry)
- 200 ml traditional mayonnaise
- lemon wedges (for garnish)
- 400 g fish fillets
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 g plain flour
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 15 ml Knorr Creamy garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- sunflower oil (for frying)
- 15 ml red onion, finely chopped
- 5 ml parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan until hot.
- Mix the KNORR Garlic & Herb Potato Bake and breadcrumbs together and place into a bowl. Place the flour in another bowl.
- To make the egg wash take a bowl and beat the eggs lightly with a fork.
- Dust the fish in the flour and dust off the excess between your hands. Dip them into the bowl of egg wash and then into the breadcrumbs. Now place them on a plate until you’re ready to cook.
- Add them to the hot oil and cook for about 2-3 minutes, turning constantly until golden brown.
- Remove the fish and place on kitchen paper to drain off excess oil.
- In the meantime prepare the tartare sauce – simply mix together the mayonnaise, capers, baby gherkins, red onion and parsley until well combined.
- Serve fish with tartare sauce and garnish with lemon wedges and fresh herbs.
- Better For You Tips : For a lighter meal option forego crumbing and frying your fish fillets and rather rub them lightly in oil, season to taste and grill in the oven until cooked through. You can also replace the mayonnaise with a plain yoghurt when preparing the tartare sauce.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.