Chef Benny’s Fish, Prawn & Mussel Masala Curry
Chef Benny's Durban inspired Fish, Prawn & Mussel Masala Curry, perfect for any occasion!
- 700 gram of firm-fleshed white fish
- 400 gram prawns (peeled)
- 400 gram half-shelled mussels
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) garlic (chopped)
- 1 to 3 green chillies (chopped)
- 3 to 4 sprigs of curry leaves
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) mustard seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Robertsons cumin
- 1 x 410 gram tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Rajah hot curry powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Robertsons turmeric
- 90 ml (6 tbsp) cooking oil
- 1 g (pinch) salt
- 1 g Robertsons black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch coriander leaves (chopped) for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add the cumin, mustard seeds and curry leaves to the oil.
- When cumin aroma rises add the onions and cook gently for 4 – 7 min.
- As soon as the onions become translucent add garlic & chilli and let cook for 3 - 4min.
- Then stir in the Rajah hot curry powder and turmeric powder and cook for 2-3 min.
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, add the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk, salt & pepper.
- Cook gently at low heat for about 10 – 15min. until oil appears on the surface.
- Add the fish and cook for around 5 min.
- Add the prawns & mussels cover and cook for a further 2 - 3min.
- Remove from heat.
- Finish by garnishing with chopped coriander.
- Serve your masala with rice, rotis and sambals.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.