Chicken Fajitas With Avocado And Peppers
This delish Mexican dish of Chicken Fajitas has a new twist – add pesto and coriander for a tasty and filling treat!
- 15 ml basil pesto
- 1 juice of 1 lime (plus extra juice to sprinkle)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15 ml oil
- 5 ml Robertsons Origanum
- 5 ml Robertsons Cumin
- 1 cup coriander leaves chopped
- 800 g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 onion, half diced and half sliced
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 2 avocado
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 12 tortillas (to serve)
- Combine lime juice, garlic, 5 ml oil, Robertsons Origanum, Robertsons Cumin, chopped coriander and basil pesto in a shallow bowl and season with pepper.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Combine tomato and diced onion in a small bowl and season (to taste).
- Halve and stone avocado, then slice and sprinkle with extra lime juice.
- Heat a frying pan.
- Toss red pepper and onion, sliced in remaining 10 ml oil and fry for 4 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add chicken and KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and cook for 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Toss through red pepper and serve with tomato mixture, avocado, tortillas and extra coriander.
- Serve chicken on top of tortillas or roll the chicken up in the tortilla to make it easier for the children to eat.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.