Mung Bean, Quinoa and Kale Wraps
These delicious vegetarian wraps are made with three nutritious Future 50 ingredients (mung beans, quinoa and kale), plus fresh orange segments and Knorr Creamy Honey & Mustard Salad Dressing for a bright pop of flavour. For extra goodness, use wholewheat wraps.
- 2 Knorr vegetable stock pots (dissolved in 2.2l water)
- 100 g dried mung beans
- 100 g mixed quinoa
- 80 ml Knorr Creamy honey & Mustard Salad Dressing
- 80 g kale leaves
- 1 orange
- 1 avocado
- 4 large whole wheat wraps
- 50 g mixed seeds, toasted
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- Put 2 litres of Knorr Vegetable stock mixture into a pot. Rinse the mung beans under water and add them to the pot of stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer. Allow to cook until tender, 20-30 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- In a separate pot, add the remaining 200ml stock and quinoa. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer. Allow to cook until the stock has been absorbed and the quinoa is cooked, 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Once both the mung beans and quinoa have cooled, mix them together. Add the Knorr Creamy Honey & Mustard Dressing and allow it to sit in the fridge until time to assemble.
- Prep the kale by trimming and discarding the large stalks. Wash the leaves well and dry.
- Slice the orange into segments, removing all white pith. Keep the juice that has been released.
- Slice the avocado in half. Discard the pip and skin. Slice each half into 4 wedges. Then toss them through the orange juice.
- Place the 4 wraps on a clean surface. Place kale leaves in the centre of each. Top with the mung bean and quinoa mix. Divide the orange sliced between the 4 wraps, then add 2 slices of avocado to each. Sprinkle the mixed seeds over each.
- Add a pinch of Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson’s Black Pepper to each, and more dressing if necessary.
- Roll up the wrap by bringing the top and bottom of each together. Fold the right side over, followed by the left.
- Heat a griddle pan on high. Gently grill each wrap on both sides. Serve warm.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.