This chicken burritos recipe is quick and easy to make and bursting with flavours. Just quickly mix the rice with sautéed spring onions, peppers, chillies and celery. The Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and BBQ sauce add great flavour kicks.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced (seeded)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 5 ml Robertsons cumin
- 15 ml Robertsons paprika
- 200 g long grain rice according to instructions on the packet, cooked and left cold for 2 hours or more
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- chicken and picked, roasted and shredded
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 10 ml BBQ sauce
- 4 large tortillas
- 45 ml coriander, chopped
- 60 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the spring onions, peppers, chillies, garlic and celery. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables start to soften but do not brown.
- Add the Robertsons Cumin and Robertsons Paprika and mix well on medium heat.
- Add the cooked rice, the lemon zest and lemon juice. Shake the pan well so that the rice and vegetables mix together really well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the shredded chicken with the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and BBQ sauce.
- Heat the tortillas in a large dry frying pan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes until they soften up.
- Better For You Tips : For added fibre switch the tortillas to wholewheat tortillas and use brown rice for the filling
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.