Pulled Pork Tacos
For a quick and easy dinner option the whole family will love, try these pulled pork tacos, complete with all the trimmings.
- For the Pulled Pork
- 1 large deboned pork neck fillet
- 1/2 tbsp Robertsons paprika
- 2 tbsp Robertsons Spicy Shisanyama
- salt to taste
- 30 ml olive oil
- 4 onions thickly sliced
- For the Avocado Taco Sauce
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 cup double thick yoghurt
- 2 large handfuls fresh coriander
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Robertsons Spicy Shisanyama
- pinch Robertsons Peri Peri
- For the Salsa
- 2 ears corn cooked
- 125 g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- handful fresh coriander chopped
- To Serve
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 small green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red cabbage thinly sliced
- 8 taco shells
- Season the pork neck with Robertsons Spicy Shisanyama, Robertsons Paprika and salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy pot or casserole over medium-high heat.
- Fry the pork neck for 5 minutes on all sides until golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- Add the onions and pork neck and heat over low heat for 3 hours, turning every hour or until very tender.
- Pull the pork neck with 2 forks.
- For the avocado sauce- combine the avocado, yoghurt, coriander, lime juice, garlic and Robertsons Spicy Shisanyama, Robertons Peri Peri together in a food processor, process until smooth. Set aside.
- For the salsa- combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve the pulled pork in the taco shells together with the cabbage, radishes, tomato salsa and avocado sauce.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.