Wild Mushroom Risotto
This mushroom risotto recipe is delicious. Wild mushrooms cooked with white wine, stock and creamy Hellmann's® Original Mayonnaise.
- 2 tbsp. light olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (about 16 g)
- 125 g or 1 cup assorted wild mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Knorr Vegetable Stock pot
- 80 g (1/3 cup) Arborio rice
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) dry white wine
- 1 litre (4 cups) boiling water
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) margarine
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in medium size pot over medium heat and cook onion, celery and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in uncooked rice and cook, stirring frequently, until rice is opaque, then add Knorr Vegetable Stock pot and cook until stock is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water, 1/2 cup at a time, and simmer, stirring frequently, until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise, margarine and cheese.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.