These savoury fatcakes are a great way to hide vegetables from the kids and are an easy lunch snack.
- 2 ½ cups shredded cabbage
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies (optional)
- 8 curry leaves
- ½ tsp of dried herbs
- 1 tbsp Rajah flavourful and mild curry powder
- 2 tbsp Knorrox all-In-one spice
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 145 ml water
- 400 g Knorrox Soya Mince Savoury
- In a saucepan sauté onions using a 1 tbsp of sunflower oil for 4 minutes. Add Rajah Flavourful and Mild Curry Powder, Knorrox All- In- One Spice, herbs, cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add Knorrox Soya Mince to the mixture and cook for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients and add a 1/3 cup of lukewarm water to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the cabbage mixture to the batter and rest for another 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of sunflower oil in a clean frying pan.
- Using a scoop or ladle, pour mixture onto heated oil.
- Shallow fry on low heat 7 minutes each side.
- Avoid overcrowding your pan.
- Use a wire rack set over a baking sheet or use a paper towel to drain oil from your food.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.