Butternut and Cauliflower Pasta Bake with Crispy Breadcrumbs
Looking for healthy meals the kids will love? Pack more nutritious veggies into your pasta dinners with this cheesy vegetarian bake. Roasting butternut and cauliflower really brings out their flavours, and the dish is finished with a gorgeous topping made with toasted ciabatta bread, cheddar and dried rosemary.
- 2 cups of butternut cubes
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 400 ml milk
- 400 ml warm water
- 230 g (1 packet) Knorr Boloroni mince mate
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mature cheddar, grated
- 15 ml Robertsons dried rosemary
- 2.5 ml Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C. Place the butternut and cauliflower on a baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until just tender.
- In the meantime, put the milk and water in a pot and whisk in the contents of the seasoning sachet from the box of Knorr Boloroni Mince Mate. Bring to the boil, add the uncooked pasta from the box, turn down the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through. During this time, keep the lid on, stir occasionally and add extra water or milk if the mixture becomes too dry.
- Turn the oven down to 170 °C. Stir the roasted butternut and cauliflower into the pasta pot, then tip the mixture into a greased baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, toss together the breadcrumbs, cheddar, Robertsons Dried Rosemary and Robertsons Black Pepper. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the dish, place it in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the topping is golden and bubbling.
- Serve hot with a leafy green salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.