Broccoli, Spinach and Pea Omelette with Blue Cheese Dressing
Veggie-packed omelettes are a great choice when you’re looking for a nutritious family dinner that’s quick and easy to make. Here’s a protein-packed omelette full of nutritious greens, served with dollops of blue cheese dressing. You can make changes by adding other veggies of your choice, such as baby marrows or green peppers.
- ¼ cup broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 15 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup peas
- ¼ cup finely chopped baby spinach
- 3 medium-sized eggs
- 100 ml grated mature cheddar
- 1.5 ml Robertsons Atlantic sea salt to season
- 1.5 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 30 ml Knorr Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- 2.5 ml Robertsons Crushed Chilli
- Blanch the broccoli by placing the florets in a small pot of boiling water for one to two minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the broccoli and peas and sauté for four to five minutes, or until the broccoli is slightly charred. Turn the heat down to medium, stir in the and spinach and cook for another two minutes, or until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs together and season to taste with Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Add the eggs to the vegetables in the pan. Tilt the pan so the egg covers the whole base. Allow to cook for about three minutes, or until the underside of the omelette is golden. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and then, using a spatula, roll the omelette in the pan. Allow to cook for a further minute.
- Tip the omelette onto a plate and top with a drizzle of Knorr Blue Cheese Salad Dressing and a sprinkling of Robertsons Crushed Chillies.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.