There’s never a bad time for a veggie burger, especially one that’s packed with knock-out flavours that are sure to satisfy any burger craving!
- For the patties:
- 2 tbsps Rajah mild masala curry powder
- 2 x 400 g tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup double cream yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup coriander, finely chopped
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt to season
- Robertsons ground black peppercorns to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- For the burgers:
- ¼ cup fruity chutney
- 1 cucumber, sliced, to serve
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh lettuce
- 8 slices of feta cheese
- 4 bread rolls
- Dry toast the Rajah Mild Masala curry powder in a pan for one minute - keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn.
- Mash the chickpeas with a fork until as fine as possible or pulse in a food processor.
- Add ½ cup yoghurt, add Rajah Mild Masala curry powder, egg, and breadcrumbs. Process or mix until mixture is well-combined but still chunky. Spoon into a large bowl. Add spring onions and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well-combined. Divide into 4, shape into patties.
- Fry in a non-stick pan with 1 tbsp vegetable oil for about 4 minutes per side or until golden on both sides.
- Build your burger by spreading the rolls with chutney then adding cucumber, onion, lettuce, feta, and a patty.
- Serve immediately.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.