Pap 'n Atchar Mix
Quick and easy, this recipe combines two local favourites to create a uniquely South African dish packed with flavour.
- 2 tbsps sunflower oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 tbsp Robertsons barbecue spice
- 3 cups leftover pap/ uphuthu
- 3 tbsps vegetable pickle
- Heat oil in a medium size saucepan, fry onion, red peppers, and carrots until golden.
- Add Robertsons BBQ Spice and pap, fry pap on medium heat stirring frequently to break big chunks of pap down to ensure flavour penetration.
- Add vegetable atchar and cook for 3 minutes.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.