Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Almonds, Sage and Pomegranate Seeds
Warm, fragrant spices and zesty citrus flavours take a whole roasted cauliflower to a new level of deliciousness! This is such an easy, unusual idea for a vegan feast: a topping of crispy sage leaves, toasty almonds and fresh, sweet pomegranate seeds add a fabulous festive touch!
- 15 ml olive oil
- 15 ml brown sugar
- 10 ml Robertsons cinnamon (ground)
- 7.5 ml Robertsons coriander (ground)
- 5 ml ground allspice
- 5 ml Robertsons ginger (ground)
- 5 ml garlic powder
- zest of 1 orange
- juice of 1 orange
- zest of 1 lemon
- 15 ml fresh sage, chopped
- 1 x 50 g sachet Knorr tasty minestrone soup with Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- 30 ml hot water
- salt to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- 1 large cauliflower
- 5 whole sage leaves
- 50 g flaked toasted almonds
- 60 g pomegranate seeds
- Whisk all the ingredients together, seasoning to taste with salt and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Trim the base and leaves off the cauliflower.
- Turn the cauliflower upside down, drizzling half the spice mix into the cavity of the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower the right way up in a line baking tray. Massage the remaining spice mix over the top, making sure it is spread all over.
- Place the whole sage leaves on top and roast for 25-35 minutes, until cooked through. To check its cooked, stick a small knife through, it should pierce easily.
- Serve the cauliflower hot, topped with the almonds and pomegranate seeds.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.