Warm Baby Carrot and Buckwheat Salad with Avocado and Spinach
With its glorious colours and textures, this delicious salad is the perfect centrepiece for a vegan festive feast! Combine tender roasted carrots with cooked buckwheat and fresh baby spinach leaves, top with avocado, pumpkin seeds and cranberries, then drizzle with a zesty Italian-style dressing and serve warm.
- 2 bunches of baby carrots (approx. 20)
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 x 50 g sachet Knorr Tasty Minestrone with Robertsons mixed herbs
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup of buckwheat
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 50 g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 125 ml olive oil
- 45 ml red wine vinegar
- 7.5 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.5 ml dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 15 ml lemon juice
- salt, to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper. to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190°C .
- Prep the carrots by washing the skin well, and trimming the stalk – leaving about 1cm.
- Place them on a roasting tray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, half of the contents of Knorr Tasty Minestrone with Robertsons Mixed Herbs, thyme and Robertsons Black Pepper. Drizzle this over the carrots and toss so they are evenly coated.
- Put them in the oven and roasting until golden, 35-45 minutes, tossing half way.
- Cook the buckwheat by rinsing it well then putting it in a pot with the remaining contents of Knorr Tasty Minestrone with Robertsons Mixed Herb. Add water directed by buckwheat package instructions and cook accordingly.
- Put aside to cool.
- Put the salad together by mixing the buckwheat and spinach together, then laying it on a platter. Top it with the roasted baby carrots, then the avocado, pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top, and serve.
- Whisk all the ingredients together for the dressing, and season to taste.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.