Warm Baby Carrot And Buckwheat Salad With Avocado And Spinach
With its glorious colours and textures, this delicious salad is the perfect centrepiece for a vegan festive feast! Combine tender roasted carrots with cooked buckwheat and fresh baby spinach leaves, top with avocado, pumpkin seeds and cranberries, then drizzle with a zesty Italian-style dressing and serve warm.
- 2 bunches of baby carrots (approx. 20)
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 x 50 g sachet Knorr Tasty Minestrone with Robertsons mixed herbs
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- ½ cup of buckwheat
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 50 g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 125 ml olive oil
- 45 ml red wine vinegar
- 7.5 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.5 ml dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 15 ml lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Prep the carrots by washing the skin well, and trimming the stalk – leaving about 1cm.
- Place them on a roasting tray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, half of the contents of Knorr Tasty Minestrone with Robertsons Mixed Herbs, thyme and a pinch of salt and Robertsons Black Pepper. Drizzle this over the carrots and toss so they are evenly coated.
- Put them in the oven and roasting until golden, 35-45 minutes, tossing half way.
- Cook the buckwheat by rinsing it well then putting it in a pot with the remaining contents of Knorr Tasty Minestrone with Robertsons Mixed Herb. Add water directed by package instructions and cook accordingly.
- Put aside to cool.
- Put the salad together by mixing the buckwheat and spinach together, then laying it on a platter. Top it with the roasted baby carrots, then the avocado, pumpkin seeds and cranberries.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top, and serve.
- Whisk all the ingredients together for the dressing, and season to taste.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.