Amaranth And Lentil Patties With Mezze Platter
Knorr Tasty Brown Onion Soup with Robertsons Mixed Herbs gives so much deep, rich flavour to these nutritious vegetarian patties, with chilli flakes, garlic and red onion adding extra punch. Serve warm as part of a Mediterranean-style mezze platter, with a fresh rocket, feta and corn salad on the side.
- 1 cup dried amaranth
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 5 ml Robertsons crushed chillies
- 10 g parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 x 50 g sachet Knorr Tasty brown onion with Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- 50 ml canola oil, plus extra
- 60 g rocket
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 200 g corn kernels, off the cob
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 x tub of hummus
- 1 x tub tzatziki
- 1 x packet corn tortilla chips
- Cook the amaranth and the lentils according to their packet instructions.
- Once cooked, put them in a bowl with the chickpea flour, flour, red onion, garlic, carrots, Robertsons Crushed Chillies, parsley and the contents of Knorr Tasty Brown Onion with Robertsons Mixed Herbs.
- Mix well, then season to taste with salt and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Shape the mix into even sized patties – smaller than average patties. Place them in the fridge to set for minimum 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Fry the patties in batches until golden on both sides and heated through. Add more oil if necessary.
- Put the rocket in a bowl, then top with the onion, feta cheese and corn.
- Drizzle with a little bit of balsamic just before serving.
- Serve as a grazing mezze platter. Serve the warm patties, with the rocket salad on the side, as well as hummus, tzatziki and corn chips.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.