Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry
This colourful vegan stir-fry pairs firm tofu with bright, crunchy veggies plus ginger, garlic and soy sauce to create a meal brimming with goodness. Add honey for a touch of sweetness, and top with toasted sesame seeds, peanuts and fresh coriander.
- 30 ml canola oil
- 1 kg firm tofu, cut into 2 x 1 x1 cm rectangles
- 2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, julienne
- 2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 200 g mangetout, trimmed
- 200 g baby corn, halved
- 2 cm piece ginger, peeled & grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & grated
- 125 ml soya sauce
- 1 packet Knorr Curry Vegetable Soup
- 45 ml brown sugar
- 45 ml syrup / honey
- 30 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 20 g peanuts, toasted
- 15 g coriander
- Add the oil to a wok or large pan over a medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the tofu and allow to colour on all sides.
- Add the onion, carrots, red pepper, mange tout and baby corn and toss through.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stir occasionally, until vegetables start to soften slightly, you still want some crunch.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, Knorr Curry Vegetable Soup, brown sugar and syrup/honey.
- Add this mixture to the vegetable and toss to coat. Allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve the stir fry by itself or with starch of your choice, noodles or rice, and top with sesame seeds, peanuts and fresh coriander.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.