Avocados with Prawns, Quinoa and Spinach
Quinoa adds an extra protein boost to our 21st century version of Avocado Ritz, a classic 1960s dish of prawns tossed in seafood sauce and piled into avocado halves. Add fresh baby spinach and sesame seeds for a super-nutritious summer dinner!
- 130 g small, cooked, peeled prawns
- 60 ml Knorr creamy thousand Island dressing
- 125 ml (½ cup) uncooked quinoa
- 20 ml (4 tsp) sesame seeds
- 4 avocados
- the juice of half a lemon
- a handful of baby spinach
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- extra Knorr Creamy 1000 island salad dressing, for drizzling
- In a bowl, combine the prawns and KNORR Creamy 1000 Island Salad Dressing. Cover and set aside to marinate for 30 - 60 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- To toast the sesame seeds, place them in a dry frying pan and cook, tossing frequently, over a medium heat, or until they are hot and golden. Watch them closely so they don’t burn. Set aside.
- In a large, non-stick pan, fry the prawns for a few minutes over a medium-high heat until golden brown and heated through.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pips. Arrange them, cut-side up, on a serving platter. Drizzle the cut surfaces with the juice of half a lemon juice to prevent them browning.
- In a separate bowl, combine the quinoa, baby spinach and tomatoes. Pile this mixture into the halves and top with the cooked prawns.
- Drizzle more KNORR Creamy 1000 Island Salad Dressing over the top, sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.