Cheese-Flavoured Mealies Braaied in Their Husks
These cheese-flavoured corn on the cobs are a treat for family and friends, and taste delicious when cooked on an open braai.
- 4 ears corn with husks still attached
- 115 g Stork margarine, softened
- 1 Knorr three cheese sauce
- 5 olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 piquant peppers, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- Soak the corn whole in plenty of water for 30 min.
- Remove and shake to get rid of excess water, gently peel back husks without tearing the cob, then remove and discard the silk.
- Mix the Stork margarine with the KNORR sachet contents, olives, piquant peppers and rosemary, smear all over the cobs then tie the husks with cotton thread at the top to secure.
- Braai or bake the corn for 20-30 min until tender.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.