Cheese-Flavoured Mealies Braaied in Their Husks
These cheese-flavoured corn on the cobs are a treat for family and friends, and taste delicious when cooked on an open braai.
- 4 ears corn with husks still attached
- 115 g margarine, softened
- 38 g (1 sachet) Knorr three cheese sauce
- 5 olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 picante peppers (piquant), chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- Soak the corn whole in plenty of water for 30 min.
- Remove and shake to get rid of excess water, gently peel back husks without tearing the cob, then remove and discard the silk.
- Mix the margarine with the Knorr sachet contents, olives, piquant peppers and rosemary, smear all over the cobs then tie the husks with cotton thread at the top to secure.
- Braai or bake the corn for 20-30 min until tender.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.