This dish only takes 20 minutes to prepare, requires only an hour to cook, and results in a sweet, salty pork dish.
- 15 ml honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ml freshly grated, ginger
- 15 ml dark soy sauce
- 125 ml smooth peanut butter
- 410 g tin tomatoes, chopped and peeled
- 1.5 kg pork loin, boneless, rind removed, rolled
- 1.25 ml sesame oil
- 35 g (1 sachet) Knorr Cook-In-Bag barbecue flavour
- 60 ml cashew nuts, toasted
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 3 cup rice, cooked
- No need to preheat oven.
- Place pork into the roasting bag.
- In a bowl, mix together the seasoning mix, tinned tomatoes, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and honey until combined.
- Spoon the sauce into the roasting bag and rub into pork. Close bag using blue tie supplied.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish.
- Bake at 180°C for 60 minutes or until cooked, on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure the grill is off at ALL times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (Bag must not touch sides of the oven).
- Remove from oven and allow to rest in bag for 10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon cooked rice onto a serving platter. Remove pork from bag, slice, then arrange on top of rice. Pour the bag juices over pork. Sprinkle with toasted cashew nuts and spring onions.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.