Falafel Veggie Burgers
Serve with roasted sweet potato wedges.
Transform your leftover veg into Legendary Veggie Burgers.
- For The Falafel Patties
- 2 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained rinsed and dried
- 1½ cups mashed potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp Hellmann's vegan mayonnaise
- 10 ml Robertsons cumin
- 10 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 10 ml Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt
- 30 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 cup cake flour
- oil, for frying
- For Serving
- 6 burger buns
- 2 tbsp Hellmann's vegan mayonnaise
- Crisp lettuce leaves
- sliced cucumber
- carrot ribbons
- sliced tomato
- vegan cheese, sliced
- In a food processor, combine your ingredients for the patties and blend.
- Add more flour if mixture feels too wet.
- Remove mixture and place in a bowl. Mixture is best left to sit wrapped in the fridge overnight as this will make it easier to work with.
- Dust your hands with flour and shape mixture into 6 even-sized patties (if it is too wet, fold in some extra cake flour).
- Place patties on a plate to await frying.
- Place about 1 cm of oil in a non-stick pan and place on medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, gently place patties in hot oil and allow the bottom to cook and turn golden brown. While the bottom is cooking, make sure to splash the top of the patties with hot oil to help it “seal”, this will make it easier to turn.
- Cook until golden brown in colour on both sides before removing and placing on some paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
- Assemble your burgers, making sure to spread some Hellmann’s Vegan Mayonnaise on the bun.
- Serve with roasted sweet potato wedges.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.