Aromatic Butternut and Mushroom Tagine
For a vegetarian dish packed with flavour, try out our butternut and mushroom tagine. To complete the meal, serve on a bed of couscous.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 250 g button mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 500 g butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1/3 tsp Robertsons Cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp Robertsons Ginger
- 1 tsp Robertsons Cumin
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 250 ml water
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Robertsons Black Pepper to season
- Heat 15ml olive oil in a large deep pot and sauté the mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until soft, then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pot and fry the onion, garlic and red pepper together until soft and tender.
- Add the butternut and stir to coat well then allow to fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add all the Robertsons spices to the pot and fry for 30 seconds, stirring continuously to release the flavour and aroma.
- Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, water, chopped tomatoes and tomato paste, stir well then allow to simmer on a medium heat with the lid on, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes or until the butternut is soft.
- Remove the lid and stir in the mushrooms then allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with couscous and some freshly chopped coriander.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.