Spinach-Stuffed Onions in a Creamy Sauce
Use whole onions stuffed with scrumptious tasting spinach, garlic and parsley as an accompaniment to any roast.
- 4 medium onions unpeeled
- 5 ml olive oil
- 350 g spinach patted dry steamed squeezed chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 bunches fresh Italian parsley chopped
- Knorr garlic and herb potato bake
- 450 ml of milk
- 1 pinch of Robertsons black pepper
- Place the unpeeled onions in a pan, cover with water and boil uncovered for 30 min.
- Drain and cool the onions, trim off the root and peel off the very outer skins.
- Slice off top and reserve for later.
- Preheat oven to 180°C . Using a teaspoon, hollow out the centres so you are left with 2 thick layers of the shell.
- Chop up the insides of the onions and reserve for later.
- Place olive oil in a saucepan and add the spinach, garlic and parsley and cook gently for 4 min.
- Drain and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Place in a bowl and add the chopped onion.
- To make the sauce, place the sachet contents and the milk in a saucepan.
- Heat stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into the onions.
- Pour the sauce around the onions, pop the reserved tops onto the onions and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 min.
- Season with Robertsons Black pepper and serve
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.