Spicy Black Eye Beans with Spinach
Healthy, homely and packed with Mother Nature’s favourite flavours…this spicy black eye beans with spinach dish deserves a spot at your dinner table! Prepared using Knorr’s Chakalaka Soup mix, coriander and a zing of curry, this dish is an incredible taste experience. Serve with a crisp side salad to add balance to your meal.
- 2 cups black eyed beans
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Rajah curry powder
- salt to taste
- 1 bunch fresh spinach washed and chopped
- Knorr Chakalaka Soup
- 4 tbsp water
- Soak the black eye beans overnight. When youre ready to start cooking them, rinse and transfer to a large pot.
- Cover with water and boil the beans for 2 hours. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate pan, fry the onion until golden, then add the curry powder (optional) and cook gently. Then add the spinach and allow it to cook before stirring in the beans and a little water.
- Cover and cook on a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Dissolve the soup powder in the water and stir through your dish and allow to thicken.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.