Cauliflower Millet Nuggets with Sweet 'n Sour Sauce
Make a scrumptious vegetarian snack with cauliflower and millet (uphoko), one of our delectable Future 50 Foods. Combine cauliflower and millet (uphoko) to make bite-sized bits of goodness and serve with a lip-smacking sweet and sour sauce.
- olive oil for frying
- 2 cups cauliflower grated
- 2 cups cooked millet
- 1 lemon zested
- 10 ml cake flour
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 160 ml honey
- 360 ml water
- Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and saute the cauliflower until softened.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor and add the millet (uphoko), lemon zest, flour and parsley.
- Process until the mixture comes together. Season to taste.
- Wet your hands and roll 2 tablespoons of the mixture into nugget shapes and place on the baking sheet.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and fry the nuggets until golden - about 5 minutes.
- Turning often to evenly brown on all sides.
- To make the sauce, combine the vinegar, honey, water and KNORR Tomato Base Dry Cook In Sauce in a small saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve the nuggets with the dipping sauce.
- Nut Free
- Better for you
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.