The Original Potato Salad
Want to make potato salad just like your mom used to? Our original recipe for potato salad is so great because it's made with our real mayonnaise!
- 1 kg potato cut into 2 cm slices
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black peppercorns
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Combine Hellmann's Originall Mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.