Pumpkin and Broad Bean Sishebo
Pumpkin and Broad Beans are complimentary vegetables that bring heartiness to any meal. Cook up a storm with this recipe and let your meal have instant flavour with Knorrox Beef Stock Cubes.
- 2 cups dried broad beans
- 1 1/2 onions chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 Knorrox beef stock cubes
- 500 g pumpkin peeled cubed
- Sort and clean the broad beans and soak in water overnight.
- Boil in clean water for 1 hour or until soft, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the onions until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, green pepper and Rajah Curry Powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, Knorrox Beef Stock Cubes and pumpkin, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the cooked broad beans and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with pap.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.