Atjar Chicken Bake With Mango Salsa
Enjoy chicken baked in a delicious Cape Malay atjar and brown onion curry sauce, served with fresh mango salsa.
- 6 chicken fillets, cut into strips or chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 125 ml mango atjar
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 packet brown onion soup powder
- 5 ml Robertsons cumin
- 5 ml Robertsons Turmeric
- 15 ml Robertsons chicken spice
- 10 ml mild curry spice
- Mango Salsa
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 60 ml chopped, diced red peppers
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 60 ml fresh coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh coriander, spring onion and fragrant yellow rice for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the chicken strips, red pepper and onion in an ovenproof casserole and season with Robertson Chicken Spice.
- Mix the mango atjar, yogurt, brown onion soup powder, Robertsons Cumin, Robertsons Turmeric and mild curry spice. Pour over the chicken and lightly mix.
- Place the lid on the casserole and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Stir once during the cooking period.
- While the chicken is in the oven, start preparing the mango salsa. Mix the mango, red onion, red pepper and coriander. Add the lemon zest a squeeze of lemon juice. Season.
- Serve topped with some fresh coriander, spring onion and mango salsa with fragrant yellow rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.