Layered Ostrich and Potato Bake
Layers of thinly sliced potatoes with ostrich mince topped with grated cheddar cheese will surely have everyone asking for another portion! Not to mention that ostrich is a lighter alternative to beef or pork mince.
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500 g ostritch mince
- 1 sachet Knorr Naturally Tasty spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Mix
- 1 tin (410 g) chopped & peeled tomatoes
- 100 ml water
- 250 ml low fat milk
- 60 ml cream
- 6 - 8 large potatoes, peeled and boiled until soft
- 175 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the ostrich mince and fry until well browned.
- Add the sachet of KNORR Naturally Tasty Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Mix, tin of chopped tomatoes, water, milk and cream.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime slice the potatoes.
- Once the mince is cooked you can season it to taste then begin to assemble your bake using an ovenproof dish.
- Start with a layer of mince in the bottom of the dish followed by a layer of sliced potatoes and continue building until all the mince and potatoes have been used then top with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.