Creamy Phuthu Pap and Mushroom Bake
Why not try something other than your usual potato bake? This dish makes an excellent accompaniment to any braai or can even be served as a main course with a salad!
- 1 x 50 gram sachet Knorr Creamy mushroom sauce
- 350 ml milk
- 250 ml cream
- 250 g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml margarine
- 5 ml salt
- 1 litre water
- 750 ml mielie meal
- 15 ml Robertsons parsley
- 125 ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place water and salt in a large pot and bring to the boil.
- When boiling stir in the mielie meal, reduce the heat and allow to cook on a low temperature for about 10 minutes or until done, stirring continuously.
- Melt margarine in a pan and gently sauté onion, leek and garlic until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and milk, stir well and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stir in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Creamy Mushroom Sauce, Robertsons Parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Spoon cooked mealie meal into the base of an oven proof casserole dish and smooth out evenly.
- Top with the creamy mushroom mixture and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.