Cheesy Butternut, Apple and Onion Bake
Spice up tired butternut recipes with this Cheesy Butternut, Apple and Onion Bake. It will be ready to enjoy in just 45 minutes!
- 1 butternut, whole, peeled and chopped (seeded)
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced into wedges
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch Robertsons cinnamon
- 34 g (1 sachet) Knorr brown onion gravy
- 300 ml boiling water
- 250 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Layer half of the butternut, apples and red onion.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of Robertsons Cinnamon.
- Prepare the Knorr Brown Onion Gravy by adding 300 ml boiling water to the powder and stir until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Pour half of the chicken gravy over the top then sprinkle half of the cheese.
- Layer with remaining butternut, apple, and onions.
- Pour remaining Knorr Brown Onion Gravy over the top and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Take out and sprinkle with crispy bacon and remaining cheese.
- Return, uncovered, to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.