Cheesy Mince and Polenta Bake
Polenta is a delicious Italian staple that can be served savoury or sweet. Your family will love this cheesy savoury mince version!
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 400 g lean beef mince
- 50 g tomato paste
- 1 x 48 gram sachet Knorr spaghetti Bolognaise dry cook-in sauce
- 1 tin tomatoes, chopped and peeled
- 250 ml water
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 250 ml water
- 2.5 ml salt
- 250 ml polenta
- 75 ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 ml Robertsons oregano (Orignaum)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bring water and salt to the boil in a large pot over a high heat.
- When boiling reduce the heat and gradually whisk in the polenta.
- When the polenta is starting to thicken change to a wooden spoon, stir and continue to stir for about 8 minutes to cook the polenta then stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon into the base of a greased oven proof casserole dish using the spoon to even out the polenta across the base of the dish.
- In a pan heat the oil and fry the onion and carrots until soft.
- Add the beef mince and fry until well browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste and contents of the sachet of KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes, Robertsons Origanum and water and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the mince is cooked spoon it into the oven proof casserole dish on top of the polenta base, top with grated cheddar cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Better For You Tips : To increase the fibre and protein content of this dish add in a tin of drained butter beans when cooking the mince.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.