Boston Baked Beans
Try this homely recipe using bacon, beans and a hint of peri-peri. Tasty, with a kick, everyone will love it!
- 62.5 ml tomato sauce
- 5 ml grain mustard, whole
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 bacon rasher, chopped
- 15 ml oil
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 375 ml dried white haricot beans
- 62.5 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 30 ml peri peri sauce
- 62.5 ml golden syrup
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Drain beans, then rinse under cold running water.
- Put beans into a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
- Boil rapidly for 10 minutes, then reduce to a simmer for 50 minutes, or until tender.
- Reserve 1½ cups of the bean cooking liquid.
- Transfer the reserved liquid and the beans to a large casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- In a frying pan heat oil.
- Fry bacon and onion for 5 minutes until crisp.
- Stir in tomato sauce, syrup, peri-peri Sauce, sugar, mustard and KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot.
- Add to the casserole dish and stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring once, until hot and bubbling.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.