One Pot Lemon Chicken Dinner
Seared lemon slices, garlic, thyme and two Knorr Chicken Stock Pots give this simple one-pot chicken dinner glorious fresh, aromatic flavours. But the magic ingredient is millet: a super-versatile, nutritious ancient grain that’s added directly to the pot and simmered in the rich broth until it is tender and has absorbed all the flavours. Serve with fresh coriander and a crisp green salad. Like all our Future 50 Foods, millet is good for you AND for the planet.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 8 chicken thighs skin on
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to taste
- 1 onion diced
- 3 fresh cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 1/2 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 1 tsp Robertsons thyme
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped
- mixed green salad
- Knorr light greek salad dressing, to drizzle over green salad
- Over a medium/high heat, heat half the oil in a large deep pan/skillet.
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and rub with 1 tablespoon of oil all over. Fry skin-side-down until golden and crisp, 5-7 minutes. Turn the thighs around and allow to seal, 1 minute.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a plate.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan and allow to heat. Add the onion, garlic and millet and allow to cook, 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the water and the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and dried thyme and stir well. Add the chicken thighs back into the pan.
- Bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a slow simmer.
- Allow to cook for 20 25 minutes until the millet is tender and the chicken is cooked through. The liquid should be cooked away at this stage.
- Adjust the seasoning and squeeze half a lemon over the chicken pieces. Add the lemon slices in between the chicken thighs.
- Switch off the heat and leave to rest, covered for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with chopped coriander. Serve immediately with a fresh salad dressed in Knorr Light Greek Salad Dressing and ENJOY!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.