Spicy Chicken Livers and Spinach
Spicy chicken livers are delicious and are great served with toasted bread rolls!
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 500 g chicken livers, cleaned
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 15 ml Rajah mild and spicy curry powder
- 1 pinch Robertsons Peri-peri
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 1 for dusting tomatoes, chopped
- 60 ml original chutney
- 1 bunch spinach, cleaned and finely chopped
- Heat sunflower oil in a pan then add the chicken livers and toss them in the hot oil until sealed and well browned then remove from the pan and set aside
- Add a little extra oil if necessary and fry the onion and garlic until soft then add the curry powder and peri peri and fry for two minutes to release the flavour and aroma
- Add the KNORR Chicken Stock Pot, tinned tomatoes and chutney, stir well and allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the chopped spinach to the pan and allow to wilt in the sauce and simmer for a further 5 minutes
- Return the chicken livers to the pan and allow to reheat in the sauce
- Serve on warm, toasted fresh bread rolls
- Tip – Mix with cooked pasta to extend the meal!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.