Beef and Cabbage Stew
The perfect fuss-free any time stew that’s perfect for warming up on cold nights.
- 3 tbsps sunflower oil
- 750 g beef stewing bones
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp Robertsons BBQ spice
- 2 tbsps Rajah medium curry powder
- 50 g tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- ½ cabbage, cut into small chunks
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- 1 Knorrox beef stock cube
- 2 potatoes, cut into cubes
- In a large pot heat the oil and fry the onion.
- Add the beef stewing bones and cook until golden brown in colour.
- Add the Robertsons BBQ Spice and one tablespoon of the Rajah Medium Curry Powder, stir and continue frying for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste and water, bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 1 hour or until the meat is cooked through.
- Add the cabbage, yellow pepper, diced potatoes, Knorrox Beef Stock Cube, and the remaining tablespoon of Rajah Medium Curry Powder and continue to simmer on medium heat for another 30 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked. Add 1 cup of water at a time for desired consistency.
- Serve with rice or pap.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.