Slow Cooked Jugo Beans Stew
Enjoy a plant based meal that is rich in nourishing taste and slow cooked for perfection, with our Knorrox Stock Cubes and Soya Mince.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed ginger and garlic
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 cup sugar beans, parboiled
- 1 cup black eyed beans, parboiled
- 1 Knorrox stock cube beef flavour (dissolved in hot water)
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup frozen mixed stew vegetables
- ¼ cup Knorrox chilli beef soya mince flavour (dissolved in ½ -1 cup cold water)
- Heat sunflower oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add onion, green pepper and gently sauté for a minute. Add crushed ginger & garlic and chilli if using, cumin, coriander and continue to gently sauté until onions and peppers are completely softened and golden in colour. This may take 7-10 minutes.
- Add sugar beans, black eyed beans and stir in Knorrox Stock Cube Beef Flavour dissolved in hot water. Slowly bring to the boil and simmer on medium heat for 25 minutes or until beans are completely softened with the lid on.
- Add frozen mixed stew vegetables and stir in the Knorrox Chilli Beef Soya Mince, stir and continue to cook on medium heat for a further 10-15minutes until the stew thickens. Add more water if needed to thin stew or liken to a soup like consistency.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.