Fragrant Lamb and Apricot Stew
The rich lamb and sweet apricots make a perfect combination and together with warming winter spices makes a mouth watering dish.
- 45 ml oil
- 30 ml margarine
- 750 g lamb knuckles
- 1 Knorr brown onion gravy
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 5 ml Robertsons cumin
- 5 ml Robertsons ginger
- 5 ml Robertsons coriander
- 5 ml Robertsons paprika
- 5 ml Robertsons cinnamon
- 300 ml red wine
- 450 ml water
- 100 g dried apricots
- Heat oil and margarine in a large heavy based frying pan.
- Place lamb knuckles in a bowl with sachet of KNORR Brown Onion Gravy and toss to coat the knuckles well.
- Fry a few knuckles at a time until well browned on all sides and set aside.
- In a separate pot fry the onion, garlic and carrots in oil until tender then add the browned lamb knuckles.
- Add all the Robertsons spices and allow to fry for a few minutes to release the aroma.
- Add the red wine and allow to simmer until the alcohol has burnt off then add the water and dried apricots.
- Cover with a lid and allow to cook over a gentle heat for about 1 hour 30 minutes or until the lamb is tender and falling off the bone.
- Serve with rice or cous cous tossed with freshly chopped herbs.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.