Onion, garlic, red wine and thyme combine to make this meal one that you won't forget. African Oxtail is a family favourite for a reason!
- 1.5 kg oxtail pieces
- 30 ml tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 47 g Knorr hearty beef stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 100 ml red wine
- 2 Robertsons bay leaves
- (30 ml) Tablespoon flour
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 410 g tin tomatoes
- 400 ml Cup water
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Coat the oxtail pieces in flour, heat half the oil in a pan and brown the oxtail pieces in batches.
- Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan.
- Sauté onion and garlic, return the oxtail to the pan and add tomatoes, KNORR Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce, water, wine, thyme and bay-leaves.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours or until oxtail is tender.
- Serve with meilie meal, mashed potato or rice.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.